The new service, ‘Mind Body and Spirit Thursdays’, offers a pick and mix of options created in response to the needs of members of our community.
Telegraph Hill Centre is hugely grateful to Lewisham Council who awarded the Telegraph Hill Centre £7,000 to help fund ‘Mind Body and Spirit Thursdays’.
‘Mind Body and Spirit Thursdays’ described
- Cod, Chips and Conversation – The longest running club at Telegraph Hill Centre has been here for older people for forty years with two of the club members, both in their nineties, attending for more than 25 years! The club meets every Thursday from 10am to 2pm. Please drop by if you’d like to join in.
- Starting January 2014 – Thursday Art Class ‘Art Classes for All’, all ages, all levels, 10am to 12 noon, just drop-in, there is no need to book.
- Thursday Hat Making – ‘Turbans to Top Hats’, suitable for all levels and all ages, this club starts at 1pm till 3pm. Please drop-in, there is no need to book in advance.
- Starting March 2014 – Make your Own Ready Meals offers a chance to learn how to cook nutritious, tasty and healthy meals for one or to be shared using fresh ingredients. The club will take place once a month as a group cooking session starting at 10am till 2pm (working with Grow Wild).
- Thursday exercise class – Tai Chi, ancient wisdom passed down through the centuries to improve mind, body and spirit (or just provide some gentle exercise). Smooth and soothing movements with wonderful names: learn to part the wild horse’s mane, grasp the swallow’s tail and repulse monkeys. Expert tuition from the Zhen Wei Academy tailored to individual needs.
- St Catherine’s Church will also offer a Thursday daytime service
Are you, or a neighbour, interested in coming to the Thursday lunch club and/or our classes?
If yes, please pop in to Telegraph Hill Centre.
We can arrange for transport on a Thursday too so please do contact the Centre if this is required as we will need a little notice to arrange this – contact Telegraph Hill Centre.