A well attended AGM for Telegraph Hill Centre took place on Saturday 14th July. We ran through the signed-off and examined accounts for the period between 1 January and 31 December 2017 (presented at the meeting), as well as activity at the Centre through 2017 and 2018, outlining along the way some of the future plans and achievements to date.
There have been many good changes for the better at Telegraph Hill Centre in the last year. Here in no particular order are just a few:
- The Centre Office was usually open till 1pm. Now, someone will be available at the Centre from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday – and you can contact us here
- The range of activities and events has expanded as more people come forward to use the space
- Safety has been hugely improved with the testing of electrical circuits, extending the fire alarm’s coverage, ensuring fire exits are clear and better signposted, regular fire drills, CCTV, a new boiler and heating system, light sensors and timers, improved signage … there’s so much more!
- The far from glamorous but necessary investments listed above have led to Telegraph Hill Centre receiving Emergency Centre status from Lewisham Council. This means that when there is a critical need, a natural disaster for example, the Centre will act as a resource for a wider community offering shelter and safety for people
- Repainting and refurnishing has refreshed and revitalised the spaces available for hire
Huge thanks to everyone who made this possible whether by hiring space, making a donation, contributing time and effort or adding an artwork to brighten the space. Income from hires is ploughed back into maintaining and improving the Centre for everyone. The more you use it, the better it can become.
Telegraph Hill Centre looks forward to welcoming you, whether as a visitor, prospective hirer, as someone taking part in an event, or as someone wanting to host an event or class there. Planning a party? Drop by, our doors are open.