Lewisham for Refugees is currently organising a number of donations bank across the Borough. They want schools, Councillors, and people from across Lewisham to spread the word and donate whatever they can to their nearest donations bank with all proceeds being driven by volunteers to places of need like Calais.
There are around three weeks to get as many donations together before the delivery heads to Calais.
SHOES: trainers or hiking shoes size 41-46
TENTS, COVERS, TARPAULIN
JACKETS: size SMALL and MEDIUM only
CANDLES or other lighting implements
Especially needed (the weather is getting colder):
Jeans size 28-32
What is not needed (at this stage):
WOMEN and CHILDREN’S CLOTHES or SHOES
Donation Points (more to follow):
1. Vicky Foxcroft MP for Lewisham Deptford Office, 82 Tanner’s Hill, London, SE8 4PN.
2. Lewisham Disability Coalition, 111 Randlesdown Road, Bellingham, SE6 3HB.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10.00- 4.00pm.
3. Africa Advocacy foundation, 76 Elmer Rd, Catford, SE6 2ER.
4. Age Exchange, 11 Blackheath Village, London SE3 9LA. Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Sat: 10am-5pm
5. Jim Dowd, MP for Lewisham West and Penge’s office, 43 Sunderland Rd, Forest Hill, SE23 2PS.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am-3pm.